Friday, May 25, 2012

And My Last Full Morning with Just Tavin

Last year was fun with Tavin when Koen was off at preschool, but ever since Tav hit this fun 2 year old stage, these mornings alone with him or hanging out with him and friends have been such a special time for us.  He is a joy to get to spend time with one-on-one without the influence of his brother.  I love watching those two together, but when you separate Tav from Koen his true personality shines through and it is precious.  So, today I kept my camera close by so that I could document our last one-on-one morning for awhile with preschool ending and new baby arriving in the coming weeks.  


We started our morning by baking cookies for yet another friend who had her baby.  Tavin loves to "help" with his own supplies.  So, macaroni cookies it was for Tav.

He's so into it and concentrates very hard, jabbering away the whole time.  My little sidekick.  While we waited for the cookies to bake, we spent some time watching Doug mow the lawn.  Tavin has taken to pretending to mow grass with the toy tractors.  You can see in the picture that once Tav heard Doug start mowing he ran to get his tractor (and his pal Corduroy) to watch Daddy.  By the way, is he not the cutest in just his diaper?  It's warm here and he got messy at breakfast, so he sported this look for awhile this morning.
Later we got ready (meaning put Tav in an outfit finally!) and then headed out to the hospital to drop off the baked treat.  After our visit to the baby (when leaving Tavin said, "more baby...mommy baby out," I completely agree, buddy), we played ball for awhile in Friendship Park.  Tavin was being silly rolling around in the grass.  Here's a picture of him sucking his thumb pretending to take a nap...
And then I totally caught this one by accident a few minutes later.  So sweet!
When we got home, Doug was hard at work in the backyard still.  This is the theme this Spring and I am so appreciative.  He is just blasting through projects that we've thought of and put on hold other years.  Thanks, babe!  Well, Tavin saw Daddy with shovels, dirt and buckets and couldn't resist jumping in.  I lathered him up with sunscreen and he stayed in the backyard for the remainder of time Koen was at preschool.  Here he is keeping busy "helping" Daddy and playing with his loader.  


While Doug got Koen and ran an errand with him, I fed Tavin in the backyard in the shade.  It was really sweet.  I love my little bug so much.  Today was a great way to end this pattern of life for us for the time being.  He won't realize a difference and will probably be thrilled to have brother around each and every day all summer, but I will miss these special opportunities to just enjoy Tavin Dale and his unique, sweet personality.  I love you, Tavin!

No comments:

Post a Comment