Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Bremen Town Musicians

Yesterday we had a fun outing to the Carnegie Library Main in Oakland.  The librarians there were putting on a musical puppet show, "The Bremen Town Musicians."  It was so cute.  I brought Koen, Tavin and we also had an extra little guy, Huxley.  Hilary needed to get some things done and we are always happy to have Tavin along.  He is so easy-going and just loves to be with my guys (and especially play with all their boy toys).  I got quite a few looks on my way in and around the library as I had Koen walking, the two little guys in the double stroller and then my obvious protruding belly containing yet another child.  But the boys were all great while we were there.  Here are the pictures from my outing with the boys.  


Here's the cute and simple puppet display.  There was a little song throughout the puppet show that Koen totally enjoyed singing along with.  Tavin and Huxley both loved the different animals (Tavin's favorite was the puppy dog).  
Tavin was on my lap and here are Huxley and Koen.  Huck did so well just sitting in his seat the whole time.  Koen, as you can see, was riveted.
The boys were sad to see the show end.  Thankfully I diverted their sadness with boxes of raisins.  Here they are snacking (and still so cute, especially the little ones).

After the show and the snack we hung out in the children's section for about an hour.  Tavin and Huxley enjoyed looking at books and playing with cars.
And Koen got to play a coloring game on the computer.  (Tav was a little jealous, but I was able to distract him away from the PC's).
Tavin and Huxley found this little house full of seat cushions.  They had so much hiding and chatting to me through the doorway.  Look at the little buddies.  So sweet!

After the library we headed home for lunch and then soon after Hilary and Delia came over to pick up Huxley.  The outing was a great success and made the morning fly.  Thanks to everyone involved at the library.  We loved the show.  And thanks Huxley, for being such a fun little buddy and changing up our day.  You are welcome any time!

No comments:

Post a Comment