Thursday, December 9, 2010

Wintry Wonderland

It's been snowing at least a little every day now for 10 days or so. I love it! Today, Doug had the car, so I was forced to walk to pick up Koen from nursery school. I shouldn't really use the word, "force," because I've been dying to get out of the house! It was only 25 degrees, but with my fast pace and about 10 layers on, we were all toasty warm. Tavin didn't love being so bundled that he couldn't see anything going by, but it also kept him super warm, so I was happy about it. I did let him watch the trucks and cars go by for the last few blocks to keep him happy since the sun came out and made it feel a little warmer. Koen was great on our walk. Usually on a walk home from nursery school he has a snack (he is always ravenous after school!). But today, he needed to have his mittens on so I had set his expectations that there would be no snack. Instead, I said I would bring him a thermos of hot cocoa to enjoy on the way home. Well, that went over super well and Koen was in a fabulous mood the whole way home. The hair, hat and hood on my head prevented me from hearing him clearly as he chattered most the way home, but we still enjoyed communicating. Here's pictures of the boys all snug in the stroller (don't mind Koen, he didn't want to cooperate and look at the camera).

Can I just make a quick note here on how much I love nursery school!!! It's awesome. Tavin and I love our quiet playtime. I like that I can get more work and other things done on Tuesdays and Thursdays with just one kid and the downtime of Tavin's nap. Koen just loves his teachers, the classmates are all becoming friends, Koen loves the routine and all the activities at school. Today after lunch, he wanted to play "nursery school" before nap. He goes through the whole routine (he's the teacher and I'm a student). It is adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment