Saturday, December 11, 2010

Trying To Keep It Interesting

So, we've been spending a lot of time indoors lately due to the cold weather. It's times like these when as a mom you have to rack your brain to figure out what to do to keep the boys entertained, engaged while also keeping them from bouncing off the walls. Here are a few examples of our "interesting" indoor play...

Tavin entertains himself very well. He's pretty much done with the exersaucer (he wasn't really that big of a fan of it anyways) and so I reconfigured it into a track for the vehicles it came with. Tavin decided that he liked it the old way better because everytime we are near it he climbs over it and into the seat.
Koen has an imagination like myself. He can stay in a imaginary zone for hours. As I've mentioned, one of his favorite new games is to play nursery school. He's the teacher and Tavin and I are students. It is amazing how he can repeat the whole nursery school schpeel - songs, routine, even bathroom breaks! I finally got a chance to video tape some of it. It gives you a glimpse of how his day at nursery school really is too. I love it!

This second video is at the end of dinner the other night. Tavin was chowing his bananas, so I was trying to capture that on camera. Well, of course, I started taping and he slowed down, probably because of the intensity of his brother in the background. Enjoy a little taste of the chaos we encounter at times.

This morning Doug handled the boys while I got some laundry in and some vacuuming done on the 2nd floor. While hanging with the boys he also decided to embark on a quick fix it project in Koen's room. His little boys were happy to help. Here are my Melder boys on the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment