Monday, April 7, 2014

Sunny Sunday

It looks like Spring is really here to stay now.  Finally!  We've still had some chilly days and cold nights though and when I saw the forecast for Sunday was supposed to be sun and a high of 60 I figured we would just make the most of every possible moment to be outside.  I got the kids to the 9am service and then we went to a favorite playground at Schenley afterwards.  I invited along Nate, Megan, Alex and Andy and they happily agreed that some fresh air and sunshine was a good idea.  Here are the my boys and then all 5 boys enjoying a snack during our playtime.


Koen and Tavin were quite a team playing all sorts of games while running around the playground together.  Here's Koen defending the castle from bad guys.
Koen and Tavin spent a lot of time on the merry-go-round.  At one point, Penn and I stopped by to visit them and the little brother wanted to join in of course.
Since K & T were keeping each other busy, Penn had plenty of time to explore on his own (with me in tow of course).  He LOVED this bouncy thing.  A little boy with a sweet personality would jump on one side and Penn would go bouncing around on the other side and laugh like crazy.  I couldn't get him off of the thing!  It was priceless listening to him giggle like that.  Made my day!
We stayed at the playground until noon and then headed home for lunch.  The boys were all exhausted and had great naps (Koen actually wanted to sleep, but we ended up hanging out and watching "Heidi" instead which we both loved.  I love it when he loves a classic!).  After naptime my plan was to get the boys right back out again, so that's what we did.  We had a nice walk to Aldi for some groceries and then had a picnic in Baum Grove behind the store.  Megan and Marshall joined us for our sunny, warm walk and playtime.  
Look at the pretty flowers popping up around the Grove.  Did my heart good to see those blossoms!  There's no going back to winter now (I hope!).
The boys love the stage feature of this park.  After their dinner they did numerous musical numbers for Megan and I.  
Megan and I were having some great conversations, but I just had to pull myself away to get a taste of the Musical Moving Melder Men on video.  Prepare to laugh out loud.  Tavin is singing at the top of his lungs (a new development for him, he LOVES to sing!), pay attention to Penn's moves and oh please do not miss the hysterical dance that Koen has created (I have no idea where he got this, but it is reminiscent to the dance Kevin James does in the "Hitch" that Will Smith cautions him to never do again).  Please go ahead and enjoy this treat for yourself.  I've already watched it about ten times myself.
Around 6pm we headed back home to make sure we left enough time to get these messy boys through the bath before bed.  It was a GREAT day with my boys, enjoying the outdoors and their fun personalities.  I'm looking forward to lots more sunny Sundays!

No comments:

Post a Comment