Monday, April 7, 2014

Reading Lesson: Day 25

So, I said I would try and do an update every 25 days of this 100 day journey of learning to read with Tavin.  Today was our 25th lesson and I couldn't believe that much time had already passed.  I also cannot believe the progress achieved in under a month.  This program is great, Tavin is a bright and happy learner and I'm having fun watching him learn.  Here are some examples of what Tavin is reading at this point.  Each day he reviews the sounds we've learned and then he reads words that use those letter sounds.  Every day is a little different, some repetition, some new words.  
The lessons include letter sound review, rhyming, word reading and then since about 10 lessons ago we jump right into reading "stories."  Tavin loves this part and gets very proud about his growing ability to really read!  This is the story he read today.  Yep, he read it.  I'm so happy for him!
After that Tavin looks at a picture that goes with the story and answers questions to indicate comprehension.  He loves it when it's time to do the picture.  Usually after that there is sounds writing practice.  He also loves this part.  His favorite letters to write include, n, r, m, o and t.  Oh and here's my happy (and today, slightly silly) reader.
Great job, Tav!  75 days to go in our little learning-to-read adventure.  Can't wait to see you continue to learn and progress.  I'm loving watching you learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment