Saturday, April 12, 2014

Easter Egg Decorating

Koen stayed home from school on Friday.  He didn't have lots of energy, but was showing a little improvement, so I decided it was a good chance to finally decorate our Easter eggs and refresh the household decor for the Easter season.  Tavin wasn't very into his first egg-dyeing experience, but he looked on as Koen enjoyed dunking the eggs and fishing them out.

Tavin did get excited about using up the extra colored vinegar/water mixture to make volcanoes in baking soda though.  This kept him busy for quite some time "experimenting."
I took on a little experiment myself with doing some yarn and twine wrapped Easter eggs to add some dimension and texture to our Easter egg displays.  It was a good low key activity to do while I kept Koen company watching Cinderella in the afternoon for his rest time.  =)  I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, but the tutorial I learned it from was lacking on tips and tricks and totally said it was simple and I think it was not all that simple.  Oh well, at least I can use them!  Here's a sampling of how we used the eggs around the first floor.




No comments:

Post a Comment