Saturday, April 26, 2014

Saturday Morning with my Little Guys

With my mom in town (big post about that to come in a few days), I was able to get Tavin and Penn out to the two-year-old birthday party of Nate & Megan's, Andy.  I knew that Koen would be older than the other kiddos, so it was great that I could leave him with Gramma (and they had a blast going through the list of "fun things to do" Koen planned for them).  I, on other hand, got to enjoy my two younger ones with some of their littler friends.  The party was adorable.  Megan did a "Milk & Bookies" themed party.  Such a great idea!  It was sort of a storytime-esque party and every little one was completely into it (especially the unlimited cookies and milk snacks).  Great job, Nate and Megan!  Such a sweet party for Andy!  And of course, Happy Birthday, Andy!  Thanks for inviting us!


So, while we were there I got a text from Doug with a suggestion to go pick him up from the airport at 1pm when he arrived back in town.  Since we were already halfway there, I figured the boys and I could be up for it.  I had a little time to kill, so we stopped at a highly recommended (thanks, Aunt Megan!) playground in Emsworth.  It was a perfect stop.  Tavin, especially loved the pirate ship.

Penn enjoyed swinging (as usual!).
Tavin and Penn got their first see-saw ride ever.  Tav thought it was so fun (Penn later did it in my lap and was going back and forth between gleeful giggles and motioning all-done).
The best was that we got to leave the playground and go collect a much-missed Daddy from the airport.  Tavin spotted several Southwest planes landing on our way in (his favorite airline).  Welcome home, Doug.  So glad we got to pick you up ourselves.  Totally worth the late arrival home for naptime. =)  Tav and Penn, loved my morning with my little guys (as usual).

No comments:

Post a Comment