Friday, August 30, 2013

Littlest in the Limelight

Last night we had fun plans to hang out with some friends up in Wexford, we left the big boys at home with a babysitter and took Penn with us (he's so easy and goes to bed so early we figured it would be a break for the babysitter to only have 2 and not 3).  Loading Penn into the car felt odd since he was the only little one being whisked away.  But it was oh, so fun to just enjoy this little guy and show him off for a night!  We got there at about 6:30pm and usually I would've laid him down before 7pm, but he was just too cute and having too much fun that I let him stay up until about 7:30.  We were at Mark & Meaghan's.  They have a 4 year old and then a baby only 3 weeks older than Penn, his name is Charlie.  Here they are acclimating after we arrived.  Here's what I think Penn is thinking..."Mom, do you see this kid's hair?"
"No, I'm serious...can I grow some like that?"
Penn played happily with Charlie and Austin, their 4 year old.  I was having such a nice time loving on him without the distraction of the older brothers and chatting it up with Meaghan that I didn't take enough pictures.  I did get these last two though.  Again I think Penn is thinking, "Mom, am I allowed to touch this?"
"Charlie, is this how you type your name?"
I can pretty much guarantee that the "take Penn with us" date night might become a regular event.  It was a blast enjoying our littlest man while also catching up with our dear friends.  Thanks to Mark & Meaghan for their hospitality and a much needed relaxed evening with good buds.  We'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment