Monday, August 12, 2013

It's NH Time, Part 6

Sorry about all the "Parts" to these posts, but when you stay somewhere for 2 weeks, what do you expect me to do?  I'm so thankful for this long stay as we have fully enjoyed the special time with Gramma and Grampa and also had the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful NH surroundings.  Segway into our Saturday...the seacoast again!  This time it was just Mom, the little guys and I.  We thought we'd go in the morning hoping Penn would for once sleep in the car a little for his morning nap.  Well, that didn;t happen.  But instead after some initial playtime on the beach and a snuggly, calming walk in Gramma's arms, I got the amazing treat of walking him up and down the beach and he was so tired he fell asleep on my shoulder!  It was like walking a sack of potatoes, but the arm ache was totally worth the precious moment.  Here we are enjoying a snuggle just as he woke up.
After we all had lunch, the boys were ready to hit the sand again (Tavin had been very busy since we got there prior to lunch).  Here they are watching the tide come in with Gramma.
Tavin was working hard to make a pool for Penn Rye.  He also played a fun game with Gramma called, "Ready, Set, Go."  The game entailed Tavin running a big circle around Gramma including running through the shallow surf.  He LOVED it.  Gramma is a genius.
Due to his short morning catnap, Penn was on and off with his playtime in the sand.  
 He was happy all the time he was held though.
The boys did so well, we couldn't pull ourselves away from the beach until 1:30pm or so.  Our original plan was to leave after lunch and take a little walk for some ice cream and just to take in the beautiful ocean-scape we all enjoy so much and then get home in time for afternoon naps (a little late).  We figured that since we had already pushed it too far to get home in time for naps, that we would just push it a little more and do our ice cream walk anyways.  The boys had no complaints and did great (Tavin was actually super excited to walk where we did the other day and share an ice cream with Mommy again).  When we got to the car, Penn was asleep within ten minutes of the key going in the ignition.  Tavin was sucking his thumb enjoying an episode of Thomas the Train.  Needless to say it was a quiet, peaceful ride home during which Mom and I just chatted about the great final day at the beach.  What a gift!  Super memorable day!  Oh, I have to share this picture.  Penn had a huge appetite that evening after his little sleep and so much ocean air, here he is covered in pasta sauce.  He had 3 bowls of pasta.
Well, the boys and Mom and I slept great after our big day at the beach.  Sunday was a lot more low key.  The boys played in the morning before church.  At church Penn took a nap and Tav did such a great job playing quietly in the pew between Grampa and I.  When we got home we had lunch and then Tav, Penn and I played in the backyard a bit for Tav's nap (by the way, Tav unraveled so fast after leaving church, the tiredness finally hit him!).  Once Tav was down for nap, Penn and I went back for some more backyard play before his nap.  I had to snap a few cute shots of my littlest man.

The rest of the day was low key after the boys had good naps and we got some downtime.  Monday, our last full day in lovely NH with my parents, was also restful.  During Penn's morning nap, Mom and I took Tav out to the library to drop off the ridiculous amount of books and audiobooks we had taken out when we arrived, then we stopped at a great playground on the way home.  Tavin did really well keeping busy without big brother.  He especially loved this race car.

He remembered being at this playground before, but he forgot about the big digger sandbox.  He was pretty excited and spent a good bit of time there as well.
After the nice playtime at the playground we headed home for lunch.  Tavin was showing major signs of being overtired, but he rallied through lunchtime and we were able to make a visit at a friend of mine who lives up the street from my parents.  My friend, Rebecca, and her sister, Laura, and I grew up playing together and then later going to school through high school together.  This is the second year in a row we've been able to get together during my NH visit.  It's so fun to catch up and see one another as moms and get a glimpse of each others' kids.  I didn't get any pictures (we were too busy chatting), but it was a special highlight of my last day in NH.  The rest of the day was pretty restful (and full of packing and prepping for an early morning flight on Tuesday).  I'm so thankful the little guys and I got these few extra days up here to soak up just a little more special time with Gramma and Grampa.  As Tavin said before bed tonight when I reminded him that we were leaving in the AM, "but I want to stay a couple more days with Gramma and Grampa!"  I know, buddy, I know.  These times are so special and we are so grateful for the moments we've had over the last two weeks.  Thanks so much for your generous hospitality, Mom and Dad.  We are so thankful for this break from this routine, visit to NH and wonderful time with you.  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment