Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Quick Catch-Up

It's been bothering me that I haven't been able to update the blog much lately. Due to the fact I've left my job, I'm in between computers and we are waiting to figure out that situation. In addition, I've also been struggling with a major cold that has now turned into a sinus infection. I got meds last night, so hopefully I will be able to breathe again in the next few days. Another udpate from the Melder family is that we had our stroller stolen from church on Sunday. Ugh! Thankfully it was just the stroller and it really isn't that big of a deal, but it's been quite a topic of discussion for Koen and has re-ignited questions about "the man" that was here in our home. Please pray that Koen's bright mind would release these things and that we would have wisdom on how to respond to his questions and concerns. We had a really encouraging conversation last night as he brought up "the man" before bed. It is actually so therapeutic to me that I have a little guy to walk through this with. It is helping my heart to be loving and forgiving towards this person as I have to tell Koen that is what we need to do. If I didn't have that accountability I could get bitter more easily I think. Anyways, Koen asked why the man came to our home. I said he was confused. Then he asked why do some people do bad things? I answered that maybe the man doesn't know Jesus and he doesn't know how much God wants us to do what is right and be kind to others. I told him maybe we should pray that he can find the Lord. Koen asked, "how can he find the Lord?" I said well, maybe someone will give him a Bible and he can read about him or maybe someone will tell him about Jesus. Koen then said, "like maybe Daddy." So sweet. After our chat we headed up to bed and he said he wanted to pray first. It was one of the most precious prayers I've ever heard from him. I just love how a child's heart is so open. He heard what we talked about. It made sense to him, it was a comfort to him and then he just brought it to the Lord. Such a lesson to me as I wrestle with healing from this encounter. Here's the prayer that Koen said, please join me in praying the same for this man...

Dear Lord, Thank you for this lovely day and our safe home. We pray for the man that someone would give him a Bible and tell him about Jesus and that he would find a good church and enjoy the singing and learn to love the Lord. Amen.

From the mouths of babes!

No comments:

Post a Comment