Wednesday, July 27, 2022

On the Way to Glacier

 So, since our dude ranch was on the East side of Yellowstone, we had to travel through the park again to get on to Glacier.  At first I was a little frustrated at myself that I didn’t really put this together and have us stay our last night on the West side of the park (although I remember searching for a place a year ago and let me tell you it was already slim pickings for a family our size at a reasonable price even then!).  Anyways, it all worked out great because as we made our drive through the park we got to see a grizzly for the first time!

We also got to see some huge elk really close up with fuzzy velvety antlers!
We completed our drive through Yellowstone and I counted up all of our animal tally marks.  What a phenomenal amount!!  I love that we have so many bison and elk and managed to see both a black bear and a grizzly bear!
The drive to Glacier was absolutely stunning.  Long, about 9 hours, but 70% of it was just so beautiful, the time flew by.  And then we were greeted with this view when we arrived at our AirBNB in West Glacier.  Very satisfying!  



No comments:

Post a Comment