Monday, July 4, 2022

Austin with Abbie

After San Antonio we made the super quick drive (in comparison!) to Austin.  My sister, Abbie, and her husband, Zac, and their amazing kids, Ada and Eli, live there and it was everyone’s first chance to meet Eli, who was born in May.  (Well, I got to come in May, but everyone else has been waiting for this moment!). This has been a much anticipated stop on our journey.  More cousin time! But first stop on a hot day (and because it was nap time at Abbie’s house), the pool at the house we were staying.  Praise the Lord for pools.  We Northerners could not survive this Texas heat without them!

Then it was off to Abbie & Zac’s to meet the little man.
“Auntie” (me) is a big fan.  I’ve been looking forward to getting this little guy in my arms since I left a few days after he was born.  Nothing like a sweet baby and especially one that is your sister’s!



And the cousins were instant fans of Eli too.  I love how my boys love babies!
But wait, don’t forget about Ada girl!!  How could you though?  She was so excited to see the cousins, she was completely wound up, entertaining, silly and communicative.  The boys were impressed, totally entertained and quickly she had them wrapped around her little finger.

It’s pretty awesome that despite the age gap between these cousins, they really have a connection and enjoy spending time together.  Such a blessing that Abbie and I get to overlap in the season of motherhood and that our kids can really know each other.  Family is truly a gift!! (And totally worth the very, very long drive!)
Not only did Abbie host our big crew that first night in Austin, but she also had over some mutual friends to give us Melders a chance to catch up them.  What a hostess!  And so good to see the Archer family, reconnecting with B & Jess.
We stayed two days in Austin and the second day Doug and Zac were both off working, so Abbie and I had the kids together for the morning.  We were super impressed at how entertained my older boys were with Eli, Ada, the toys and the backyard.  It was so pleasant to get to have my kids enjoying her lovely home for the first time.  Usually Abbie comes to New Hampshire to see us, I’m so glad we had this opportunity to be on her turf!

Doting cousins (and a busy sister!)…
I mean, this perfection!!
Playing in the yard…

So that about sums up our quick stop in Austin, but thankfully, that’s not the end of our time with the Diltzs.  On July 1st we loaded the minivan back up and drove off to Mart, Texas to an AirBNB so that we could all fit in a house together for a few days (and there’s a pool!).  





No comments:

Post a Comment