Sunday, November 8, 2015

Nashville in November, Part 3

Yesterday (Saturday) was the reason I made the trip to Nashville (although, my time with Chirs and Molly, their girls and my little guy has been totally worth the trip on its own!).  Molly and I attended Q Women in Franklin, a nearby town outside of Nashville.  It was a great day of learning, discussing, being challenged and thinking.  Jansen was an ultimate trooper.  9 hours of listening to women talk?!  Yeah, he deserves a medal. =)  He took both his naps while there, just by me laying him in his car seat/stroller and saying, "ok, it's time to take a rest, love you" and giving him his blanket.  What a good boy!  He ate all his meals of the day there and played with Moll and I like a champ, mostly on our laps and in our arms.  Had to have been one of the most boring days in his life yet, but he was great about it and wasn't a distraction to myself, Molly or the women around us.  Good job, Janse!

Now, the Melder boys back in the Burgh got to have themselves a lot more fun than Jansen.  They went to a farm in the South Hills.  The pictures I received via text throughout the day made it look like quite a wonderful time.  Good job, Douglas.  It looks like your activity choice was a hit!  Here are the pics (and I didn't get much info at all except they all enjoyed themselves).  I just love how Tavin puts his arm around Penn.  So sweet!  Ok, here's the hayride...
Cool old fire truck.  Finding Penn is like looking for Goldbug in a Richard Scarry book.
Look at this amazing (and a little scary) slide and Penn is going down it all by himself!
Oh my goodness, I miss this cuteness!!
Well, let's be honest.  I miss all this cuteness.  
 They had goats that you could pet there.  I think my animal lovers must have enjoyed that!
Phew!  What a day!  The boys did get home in time for a late nap for Penn and then they all had a nice evening together.  This was the last pic I got of the day.  There was some cleaning up to do after a day at the farm!
Douglas, amazing job embracing this weekend with your boys and giving them such a fun Fall day.  And thanks for letting me be here with my friend, engaging in some conversations that are churning in my mind, inspiring, provoking and encouraging my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment