Saturday, November 7, 2015

Nashville in November, Part 2

Friday was such a relaxing, calm day.  It was drizzly in the AM.  After the playtime I reported in Part 1, Molly and the girls headed out to a Bible Study.  I had the cute, quiet house all to myself and Jansen took a super long morning nap.  I got so much done!  Then we had lunch together and then the rain had stopped and we went out exploring.  There's a lovely park only a few blocks away with plenty of walking paths that we just circled around in.  There are several monuments there.  I was super impressed by the amazing WWII monument.

Jansen started getting sleepy and I didn't want him to fall asleep on the way home (it's always amazing to me how much babies sleep, he slept all night, had a two hour morning nap and then was only awake an hour and a half before showing signs of tiredness again!), so we strolled back to the house.  We played peekaboo while walking back and I just had to take a picture of this adorable little guy.
Molly and the girls were arriving right as we pulled up.  I let Jansen play on the floor with the girls for a bit and then it was naptime for he and Reagan, Molly's youngest.  That left the big girls and the mommas.  We got a few things done and then we settled down to a game of Clue!  I haven't played in at least ten years.  I forgot how much fun that game is!  Not to mention, I won (also, it was my pawn that did the deed!  Oops!).

After naptime we all hung out around the house.  The girls are amazing.  It's fun to watch how they are similar and how they are different from the boys, whether because of gender or personality.  I gotta say, it's definitely a lot calmer here than in my house!!  Reagan was a little grumpy in the evening and I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that there's a new baby in the house.  Hmmm, she's not jealous, right?  Just sitting in the baby seat with the baby's bib on all on her own.
Molly went to pick up Chris from work and I got to stay here with Jansen and the older girls.  When they returned, we all had family dinner together and then it was time to get Janse to bed (doesn't it seem like all he did on Friday was sleep?!).  I had promised Amelia that I would play Scrabble with her after Janse was down.  It was so relaxing and fun.  She did a great job too.  Makes me want to go home and see if Koen is ready to play it with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment