Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Tavin Lost His First Tooth!

Tavin lost his first tooth on Sunday, the 25th.  One of his bottom baby teeth has been hanging on by a thread or two for weeks.  Last week I finally talked him into me trying to pluck it out, but those threads were still hanging on a little too tight (my stomach was turning and he was not enjoying the experience either).  But on Sunday night as I brushed his teeth the tooth was just bending back and forth and started to bleed, I figured it was probably time.  It took some cajoling as he was not really interested in me pulling it out, but I was afraid at this point he might swallow it in his sleep!  Finally I talked him into it.  All I had to do was put two fingers on it and it fell out.  Tav had been so scared beforehand, crying huge alligator tears, but it was so cute to see his reaction when I said, "bud, it's out, you lost your first tooth."  He said, "but Mommy, I didn't even feel it!"  Yeah, what did I tell you, kid!?!  Here's the proud and stunned Tavin (giving a half-hearted-what-just-happened thumbs up) with a hole in his mouth!
Good job, Tav!  Here's hoping the next time won't be as traumatic and scary beforehand.  You've got this, bud!

No comments:

Post a Comment