Sunday, October 4, 2015

J & P in NH with Me, Part 3

Our trip is too quickly coming to a close.  We've spent each day well, whether that's been relaxing at home or out and about taking advantage of this beautiful state.  I have a few more things to catch you up on before I close out the posts on this wonderful trip to NH with my two littlest...

I forgot I had a few pictures on my phone of some outdoor fun we squeezed in after the torrential downpours on Wednesday.  After Penn's nap, we went on a walk to the creek at the end of the road to see it swollen with rain water.  It was rushing and deep and just begging us to throw rocks in, which Penn did and enjoyed very much.
As you can see, the foliage is really just only starting to turn here.  I figured it would be well on its way to peak, but with the warm September, only now are the leaves starting to turn with this chilly start to October.  
I've actually noticed a lot more color come out in this same spot since our walk there on Wednesday (I like to walk when I'm here, at home I rarely get the opportunity to just leave the house and walk on my own during naptime, so it is a special treat to do so here).  

So back to the chronological sequence of the previous posts, we are now on to Saturday.  It was quite bitter outside, but no rain, so we had a few opportunities to get outside for some fresh air (including two walks for me, one on my own and one with Janse, yay!).  In the morning, Penn and I went on a leaf hunt.  I wanted to gather colorful leaves from here to use in my Fall decor at home, just a little splash of NH for me to look at over the coming weeks.  It was a successful hunt and Penn loved exploring in the woods with me.  Afterwards, Grampa came out to take us on a Jeep ride!  I took a pic of him in the passenger seat, but don't worry, he rode on my lap (and we go about 5 mph!).
After we returned from the Jeep ride, Penn was interested in some truck time.  Grampa is such a good sport and hangs out with him in there as they pretend to drive around or Penn just moves around in cab exploring things.  These two are quite a cute pair!

Jansen has gotten his fair share of Grampa time as well.  He has been such a love with his grandparents this visit.  I was so worried that his stranger danger stage that started recently would've prevented him from letting them get their hands on him much.  But he definitely does not consider Gramma and Grampa strangers, because he will go to them anytime and loves the attention (he even gives them his sweet kisses!).  Here's a little tummy time shot from last  night.
Now, I haven't had much at all to say about what's been going on back at home.  That's mostly because the boys had a usual week of school and then evenings with their awesome dad who's holding down the fort.  But they have had quite a few fun activities themselves: dinner out with Dad, haircuts and errands (ok, that's not super exciting, but when it's pouring, what else can you do?), Koen had a field trip and on another day a soccer game (where he scored a goal!!) and then the weekend has been full of adventures.  On Friday, it was Grandparents' Day at school, so Tav and Koen were blessed with Nana and PopPop coming to support them there and check out their classrooms, projects and school.  Then on Saturday, Koen got to go with Nana and PopPop to a farm day.  He got to make his own apple pie, make apple butter, learn how cider was made, pet the horses and meet the pigs and lot of other interesting Fall farm things.  Here are a few pics I got of him throughout the day (thanks, Nana & PopPop!).

Not sure what is happening in this shot, but clearly Koen does not like the smell!!
When Doug met Koen and his parents for dinner that evening, Koen was beaming, Doug said.  He had had a fantastic day with his grandparents at this special event.  I was so thrilled he got that one-on-one time and that unique experience at the farm.  
He looks pretty happy in that shot!  Great job, Nana and PopPop, thanks so much!!

Tavin also had a fun day.  He was with the Troxells all day (and even overnight!).  I haven't gotten all the details yet, but I do know they spent the majority of the afternoon and evening at a friend's farm (go figure the boys both had separate Fall farm fun!).  Apple butter-making was part of the festivities there as well, here's the assembly line.
And here's Alex and Tav jumping on a trampoline (with a nice backdrop).  
I think they got good and tired though because I did hear from Megan that the boys all slept in the same room and there wasn't a peep after she read them books and left the room at 8pm.  I'm sure they were worn out from a fun day together and lots of fresh air at the farm!  Thanks to the Troxells for taking Tav along, I'm sure he loved it (and I can't wait to get all the details!).

Now, it's Sunday, my last full day here.  Jansen was all dressed up in his Sunday best, so I had to take a picture, not to mention it's also his 8 month birthday.  Here's the handsome Jansen at 8 months all ready for church...

We had a lovely time at church.  I love attending church with mom and dad.  It's like a big, extended family there.  Penn made a new little friend in nursery.  It was precious.  He hasn't had a peer to play with all week, so he had a blast with her.  They didn't want to leave each other, but when they had to they hugged!  So sweet!  After church we went home for lunch and naps.  The boys were tired!  Mom and I took a huge walk while Dad stayed at the house during naptime.  It was a perfect Fall day, just gorgeous.  We had some downtime when we returned and then after naptime it was hang out time with Penn and Jansen.  I got one last picture of Grampa with his pal, Penn Rye.  Penn is really going to miss this guy (and I think Dad will miss Penn a great deal too!).
That's it for a great visit!  I'm definitely looking forward to getting home and seeing Doug, Koen and Tav, but it is always oh so hard to say goodbye.  Thanks, Mom and Dad, for a fabulous, memorable, restful and special visit.  I love you so much.  I look forward to the next time I can get home and for now, I've got my sights set on Christmas when you come to me next.

No comments:

Post a Comment