Wednesday, April 22, 2015

It's Catchup Time!

I haven't blogged in a week!  I enjoy keeping up on the blog to keep my family and friends informed and enjoying the pictures that come from our day-to-day ups and downs and ins and outs.  I also enjoy keeping up on it so I don't get behind!  But last week was just TOO busy to take a few minutes to journal my thoughts, feelings, FYI's and photos.  Penn stayed sick with some weird virus the entire week, I was preparing for our trip this week by packing for myself, Tav, Penn and Janse and also cleaning the house, prepping meals and instructions for Koen and our friends sitting for him.  So, my plate was a tad full and downtime was at a minimum (and when I had it I was too fried to think straight!).  So, anyways, it's time to catch up!  Prepare yourself for the quick whirlwind tour...

On Wednesday, we had a very special visit from our dear friend, Lisa.  Unfortunately, I totally forgot to take a picture of Lisa snuggling with Jansen (she held him the whole visit).  Perhaps I forgot because I was snuggling my sick, slothy Penn.  Lisa loves to come with gifts for the boys and this visit was no exception.  So sweet!  She had a few special gifts for Koen because of his recently passed birthday, but she brought some fun things for the other boys as well.  The biggest hit were the foam airplanes.  I made the boys wait to open them until Koen's arrival home from school.  Good thing too as it was such a great after school activity for all of them until dinnertime!




Koen really wanted me to take a video.  Here was my attempt.  I think the tagline should be, "you gotta be there."
Jansen "enjoyed" the fun too.  Here he is hanging out on the back porch.  He's cheering on the big bros I'm sure.
Also on Wednesday, Tav wanted to have some time holding Jansen.  He's seen Koen be a big help to me in holding Jansen when I need a hand, so I think he wanted to prove he could do it too.  They looked so cute, I had to take a picture (or two because I couldn't get a good shot of both of them in one of course).

Now we skip to Saturday.  Doug had a friend come in for a lecture on Friday night and on Saturday, we had an opportunity to hang out with she and her family.  They have two boys, so we were 6 boys strong (i.e. a force to be reckoned with).  We had breakfast with them at the Bagel Factory, then headed to the Carnegie Museum of Natural History (but first with a stop to see Dippy outside).


After the museum, we headed out to lunch in Schenley Plaza.  While we moms waited for the food to come inside, the dads took the boys to the carousel.  Our friends ended up not wanting to ride, but my boys certainly enjoyed it.  Well, it looks like Penn's a tad unsure, but don't worry, he warms up to it.
See, what did I tell you...Penn's hilarious.
On Sunday, Koen had a special event to attend after church.  We went to the 9am service and then Doug took him to the reward he earned for his hard work writing book reports last summer, "Pirates Tales."  Each book report was an entry for a prize and he won!  And what did he win?  A fun-filled day at PNC Park with the Pirates!  He got to attend a story time and got some special gifts from the Pirates, early entrance into the game and tickets for he, Doug and Tav.  We had another added fun aspect of the day, Doug's brother, David, was in town and picked Tav up for the game.  Yay!  Here are the little Pirates fans before the game.  Go BUCS!
While the big boys were away and Penn was napping, I had an impromptu surprise drop-in by friends, Sean and Jen.  Jen hadn't gotten her hands on Jansen yet (and she lucked out that he woke up early from his nap and my arms were tired, so she couldn't have come at a better time!).  Clearly she was pretty happy to meet him.  He looks like he doesn't know what to think. =)

Sunday night, after Penn's long nap (yep, still suffering from weird virus), Penn found a baby toy in the back of his closet that for some reason he thinks is the best thing ever.  I told him we could get it out to show to Jansen.  He actually wanted it for himself, but he put up with me testing Janse out in it.  
See, he's a lot happier taking it over.  Oh, Penn!!
On Monday, it was crazy, busy final preparations day!  I had planned out nearly every minute of the last few days and practically every second of Monday.  One of my favorite to-do's on Monday was giving Jansen a pre-trip bath.  He is such a happy bather now.  Calm and really alert and aware, just taking it all in.  I can usually get him to smile and "agoo" during it too.  It is a precious time.  Here we are afterwards.  The hooded towel is always a favorite look!
Well, that gets me caught up until the trip.  I'm going to work on the first installment next.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment