Thursday, April 23, 2015

Boston or Bust, Part 2

It's Day 2 in Boston.  Jansen had a good night, but an early start to the day.  But after that it was pretty smooth sailing all day.  Phew!  After his 7am feeding, I had some fun taking pictures of my chunky little bug on the big, fluffy bed.  He was totally cooperative, seemingly enjoying the attention and the prop-up on the comfy pillows.



Around 8:15am, we headed over to the conference.  We know several other people attending (well, Doug knows a bunch, but I know a few).  We have a few dear friends attending that we were really looking forward to spending time with.  Chris and Molly, our buddies from college, were some of them.  Molly and I had a blast catching up today and enjoying each other's company.  And she was a huge help with Jansen!  She held him tons.  He even took a nap on her!  Here they are hanging out.
Soon after our arrival at the conference, I got a "good morning" picture from Penn and Tav at my parents'.  So cute!
Here's a little glimpse of the conference start.  Such an interesting, engaging day of discussions.  I'm so impressed by this organization and the event.  So glad Doug asked me to come and be a part of it!
Here's a cute picture I received later of Tav and Penn enjoying the playground.  Gramma and Grampa are loving their time with the boys and have said several times that they are getting along and playing so well with each other.  Such a relief and praise that things are going so well!
 After the morning sessions at the conference, we headed to lunch with Chris and Molly.  Then Molly and I headed to the hotel so I could feed Jansen and give him some time to stretch out and she and I enjoyed some precious and way overdue catch up time.  Then we walked back to the conference for a full afternoon.  When Jansen got antsy, I found a nursery area in the venue.  We tested out some new toys.  He's a little too small for this one, but you can see he was initially happy with it.


This thing he loved!  He laid under it staring at the colorful pieces above for about 10 minutes or so.  I was so glad he got a chance to play and move around after a day of lots of being held and napping in the car seat.
When the afternoon session was complete, we headed to grab a bite to eat with friends.  Chris and Molly came and also Nic & V and their son, Mo.  Here's V and I.  It's been 3 years since we've seen each other, so another precious and wonderful reunion!
I was hoping to go out with Doug tonight and bring Janse along, but after such a long day of having Jansen out, I was tired and I knew he was too, so I decided to head back to the hotel and get him to bed on time.  Hopefully it was a good call and he has a good sleep tonight and gives me a little more sleep than last night.  He's doing a great job rolling with these funny travel days.  And it's a lot of fun just having him along to focus on and enjoy.  Although, I definitely miss the other boys, especially in such a cool city that they would love to be exploring with us.  We'll definitely be back with them all on another trip up this way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment