Saturday, May 14, 2011

Nana's Here

Only a long morning of a super-whiney Koen after Douglas left for the airport, Nana arrived!!! Yay! Doug's mom is here for the night and it was excellent that she could make the trip to see the boys and I love the company and extra hand!

The boys went to their afternoon naps soon after Nana got here and I had to go to a baby shower, but this evening after I got back and the boys got up from their naps we had a really nice family time. Nana read a book to Koen and then he came down with me to make dinner. Tavin stayed with Nana to play. Sally and I are both so amazed at how chill Tavin is with her. It's been a month or two since he's seen her last and he was completely comfortable with her today when I left, being laid down for his nap by her, everything! I think he totally reads big brother's tone with people and then responds similarly by nature. Anyways, it was great to see him so comfortable with his Nana.

After our dinner we took advantage of a break from the clouds and rain that have been surrounding us most of the day and went on a quick walk to the playground. Tavin only got to play there for about 10 minutes, but he loved it. Koen and Nana stayed for an extra 15 minutes or so after I brought Tavin home for bath and bed. Koen was keeping her busy when we left. At one point he said, "Nana, do you want to climb the rock wall with me?" Nana replied, "uh, no thank you!"
Koen had a snack and then headed up to bed with a request for Nana to lay him down (yes!) and she willingly and happily agreed, so they had another sweet time together tonight. I just love watching my kids enjoy their grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment