Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Yesterday was a fun day with my little family and many of our friends. I felt very special and so blessed reflecting on the gift it is to be a mom to my sweet boys.

Our day started with a busy morning at church. We had to arrive early for a singing practice because the pre-K and elementary kids were going to sing on stage for Mother's Day. Here are two of the practices...can you tell Koen is still waking up?


A sweet mom at church made all the participating families breakfast for before the 9am service. So sweet! (And tasty!). The boys loved it. Tavin, of course, ate 3 helpings of quiche. Koen enjoyed a special blueberry muffin. The whole Mother's Day church service was just lovely. The worship, the kids singing on stage and Doug's sermon was great (I know, I'm a big fan, but it was really a good message). We stayed in between services so that Koen could participate in the singing on stage again at the next service. Tavin was a trooper after already spending most of his morning in nursery with one of his favorite nursery workers, our friend, Megan.

At one point Koen even came and checked on him through the window. Megan said it was so cute! At the 11am service I got another video of Koen performing with all the kids. So funny!

And a few pictures... He absolutely loved the experience. He was much more into it this time than last time. When he woke up in the morning initially he had remembered that it was church and that he was getting to sing on stage and he said, "I'm so excited, Mommy, do you want to see the dance I'm going to do?" Thankfully he didn't do the dance. It was pretty intense! =) In the second service 3 babies from our small group were dedicated. It was so fun to see such good friends do this intentional step for their little ones and all the babies were so, so cute (and good too - no cries!). After church we headed to Uncle Sean & Aunt Jen's for a big lunch party which was fun, but the boys were pretty tired, so we had to head home pretty soon after we finished lunch. The afternoon was low key as the boys napped and I got things done and Doug rested in between services. Doug went back to work and then the boys woke up and we played until dinnertime. After dinner, Megan & Sky stopped by and that was a fun way to finish the evening (especially since Doug wasn't there). We enjoyed hanging out on the front porch in the warm sun until it was time to start the boys' bedtime routine. With all the community, friends and my sweet boys throughout the day I was very grateful for this blessed life I lead as I prayed with the boys before bed. God is so generous to me. After the boys were in bed, Doug came home and we had a pizza night. He had surprised me first thing in the morning with a gift card to get my hair done (envelope decorated by Koen (with Thomas stickers to describe me Doug said - read them, it's funny!)). Earlier in the week Koen had also given me his "surprise" canvas painting he did for me at nursery school, which he opened on his way home from nursery school on Thursday because he just couldn't wait to give it to me. Oh, Koen! But last night he also surprised me with a special mini dessert trio (all chocolates of course) from Whole Foods. Here's a pic of the luscious desserts and a glimpse at what I was keeping busy with before bed last night (my new attempt to save us even more money by couponing like crazy!). It was a "sweet" end to a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment