Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Gramma Is Here!

I'm so excited that Mom is here! But before she came we had a jam packed day!

It was a nursery school day and I got the boys out the door in good time and dropped Koen off a little before 9am. Tavin and I then headed to get gas (oh my goodness, so expensive!), then to Giant Eagle Market District and finally to Whole Foods. By the time we got home we had just enough time to put our groceries away before Tavin took his nap.

We picked Koen up a little after noon and I actually had packed a lunch that we ate in Koen's classroom (we had to go to a doctor's appointment a few minutes later, so that's why). Anyways, the boys loved it! Tavin started in his stroller, but after a lot of motioning and complaining grunts I figured out he wanted to sit in one of the little kid chairs. I shoved him in close to the table and it kept him pretty secure. He loved it. He thought he was so great...just like big brother!Koen was very proud of himself as well because of his awesome lady bug costume he made that morning at nursery school. It's super cute. He runs around flapping his arms to fly. We headed over to the doctor's office and Koen was given a clean bill of health at age 4. He's in the 50th percentile for weight, 75th for height. Tavin still has this cough and lots of snot, so I had the doctor check him out as well. Thankfully nothing major to speak of, hopefully it will remain an upper respiratory thing. I also had the doctor look at Tav's eczema which is just out of control. He gave us a prescription for that. Koen then had 3 shots. He was very brave, but definitely cried. The poor guy. It was sweet. Tav was watching him and start sticking his bottom lip out as he watched brother get sad. The love each other so much.

So then we jumped back in the car and headed out to Robinson to run a few errands and then pick up Gramma. The boys were troopers. Rarely do I attempt a bunch of errands with the both of them anymore, but I had to take advantage of the fact we were in crazy commercial suburbia and visit a few stores that are far from us. We made it through Walmart and Target relatively smoothly. Then we headed off to get Gramma at the airport!

The moment my mom got in the car I breathed a sigh of relief. So nice to have someone to talk to, to share K/T responsiblity with, etc., not to mention she's one of my best friends and I love spending time with her! Thanks for being here Gramma!

No comments:

Post a Comment