Monday, May 2, 2011

Backyard Coming Together

Doug has been working quite hard around here lately in and out of the house getting us ready for Spring and Summer so that we can take full advantage of our outdoor living space. This week we got our tomato plants in and then Doug and Koen planted the lettuce. My roses are coming along nicely on their own. We've already had to mow and weedwack twice (so unruly, the rain is just making it all grow like weeds!). The boys are both enjoying the backyard and I'm loving that we are finally able to get out and enjoy fresh air on a more regular basis again.
Here's my basil. I hope it works out well this year. I've tried a few times before and never had much success.
Check out these muddy knees. This little guy has to learn how to walk! These cute overalls are now ruined. If we have a third it better not be a boy because there will not be a non-holey pair of pants in sizes 6 months to 24 months!
My lettuce patch. I'm sure our little "turtle" (Koen) will pretty much eat it all himself, but I hope I get a few tastes of it later this Spring.
Here's our tomato garden. Last year we really crammed them in as an experiment and have used less plants and spaced them out twice as far this year, not to mention we planted them 2 months earlier, so hopefully we get some beautiful, ripe tomatoes in a timely manner this year (last year we were still harvesting into October!).
Koen was hard at work at a construction project. Doug and I are hoping our hard work in the gardens will not be ruined by Koen's construction plans. He does have instructions on what he can dig/build with versus what he cannot, but these days you never know when he will follow-through and listen and obey.
Here are the beginning of my roses (up against neighbor's yard). I can't wait for their blossoms to fill my house and yard again!

No comments:

Post a Comment