Thursday, November 20, 2014

It's Project Time, Part VII

Does it seem like these Kitchen Project posts just keep going on and on???  Well, they do.  That's because the Kitchen Project just keeps going on and on and on.  I had such high hopes that November 25th it would all be over, but unfortunately we hit a snag this week that has again pushed the completion date into December (exact date still unknown).  Here's where we are now.  Upper cabinets are installed, but lack the crown molding.  But at least we can see the fresh, clean look that is to come! 
Island is set (it actually also has doors and pulls now too).
And the pantry has been installed, including its pull-out drawers.  Our old pantry was amazing and it was quite a mental challenge to redo my whole organizational system, but I'm having fun brainstorming it.  I think I'm about 50% of the way there.
Now that the painting in the kitchen is done (well, I'll have a lot of touching up to do after the cabinets get finished being installed), it's time to move on to the dining room.  Only problem is I am having the worst time picking a color.  I want something bright and airy, but that also has warmth and it needs to flow from the gray of the kitchen to the brown of the living room.  I know it's a trivial thing, but I just can't decide!  Doesn't help that my favorite color looks way too much like the living room color when the sun has gone down even though it's several shades lighter.  
Speaking of paint indecisiveness...Penn and Tav deserve a shout-out for their numerous trips to Home Depot with lots of patience and some super cuteness.  Who's that hiding behind the painter's tape?
And did you notice what's in Penn's hand?  Yep, that's Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.  We've been at Home Depot a few times a week lately and every time we grab a friendly, singing reindeer or other toy from the display next to the front door and the boys are immediately happy throughout the trip and then they happily leave them back at the display on the way out with the other animals (I'm guessing because Home Depot has become such a normal spot for us, they just assume we'll probably be back tomorrow!).  Here are the boys just hanging out with their pals.
And a video of Tav enjoying his puppy choice dance to song.
Well, that's about it for the project update.  By Thanksgiving we should have all the cabinet installed and hopefully maybe even all the trim and details done.  We should also have the new fridge in and the template taken for the granite.  That will leave only the granite installment left to bring our project to completion.  Here's hoping there are no more delays!  I can't wait to have my kitchen back and get organized, cooking and baking again!

No comments:

Post a Comment