Monday, November 3, 2014

It's Project Time, Part IV

Today was a Kitchen Project Whirlwind!  It wasn't supposed to be that way, but at the pace we are moving with this project, it is bound to get interesting when decisions have to be made ASAP so that we can hopefully have a fully-functioning kitchen by December!

We went to Home Depot today to try and make a refrigerator decision, but it turns out they are going to have a huge sale in 2 days, so it wasn't worth committing to a product quite yet.  We did pick up some paint chips though as I plan to at least repaint the kitchen (but am also leaning towards trying to work up the motivation to repaint the dining room as well).  Here's a picture of where I'm leaning right now (which I'm trying to think about as one room flows to the next).  So, the far left, is the current color of the living room which will stay as is.  Then the two paint chips in the middle are options for the dining room.  I want something warm, bright and neutral for the dining room.  It's currently a slate-ish/blue-ish hue that I originally intended to be gray, but it didn't really turn out that way.  I think it will look too close to the kitchen and I'm ready to be rid of the blue hue since I didn't mean for it in the first place.  Then the far right (under the granite chunk) are the two colors I think I will use in the kitchen.  The darker gray will be for the accent wall and backsplash.  I wish they were slightly more contrasted, but to go any darker gray was just really dark-looking.
We ordered the cabinetry today and the granite was ordered over the weekend.  So things are definitely rolling forward.  We have a few final cabinet decisions to make to finish out the order, but the bulk of the order went in to ensure that the L-shaped section of our kitchen cabinets will be here by mid-next week!  The granite won't be here until well after the cabinets are installed though.  Our contractor finished the grout on about 2/3 of the kitchen floor today.  He let me take a picture before he covered it up to protect it while he finishes the job.  It's looking pretty!!
That's the simple explanation of our day.  I didn't mention it included about 5 phone calls, negotiations with hits from Craigslist regarding the old cabinets I've listed there and the company we are getting our new cabinets from.  So many specifics to keep on top of!  I feel like I'm running a crazy business from a disheveled dining room with 3 kids running around!

No comments:

Post a Comment