Saturday, November 8, 2014

It's Project Time, Part V

So things really moved along with the kitchen project this week.  The tile is now done!  Yay!  It looks great.  Much of it is covered with protective cardboard since there's a lot of in and out right now with heavy equipment, etc.  I'll post a picture at some point.  We sold the cabinets this week.  Another huge yay!  New cabinets were ordered and countertops ordered too and also the fridge.  Phew!  So now we sit and wait for all those things.  And while waiting, I'll be painting.  This week I reviewed just a couple options.  Yeah, a little out of control (the monitor is not included for matching purposes, it just was amidst the mess!).
With the help of my friend, Taylor, (not Doug as he has an aversion to these trivial household decisions), I narrowed it down to these samples I purchased and painted randomly throughout the kitchen.
I think I've made the selection and I will purchase the paint tomorrow and Taylor comes back to paint with me.  Here's hoping my favorites turn out nicely on all the walls!  I'm also still debating over the pulls for the cabinetry, but I'm thinking this isn't all that big of a deal.  Can you even tell the difference between my two favorites so far?

That's the quick update.  It's amazing how much time and effort all that coordinating, planning and purchasing took up of my week though.  Although we weren't planning on this kitchen reno and it's been a whirlwind, I've been thankful for the push through all these decisions as it just forces me to not dwell on them too much.  It already seems crazy to wrap a few hours up in refrigerator or paint decisions!  I couldn't take it if I had weeks to mull over these things!  Stay tuned for another update later this week.  We should get our cabinets in at some point.  Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment