Friday, November 14, 2014

It's Project Time, Part VI

As usual, it's been an exciting few days in the land of chaos!  This kitchen project really keeps me on my toes (well, ok, so my kids keep me on my toes too, but right now with the project, the kids, pregnancy and life in general I'm doing quite the tap dance!).  So on Sunday my friend Taylor and I painted the kitchen.

On Tuesday, I sold the pantry!  Yay!  I'll miss this amazing piece, but we had to get a new one that would match the rest of the cabinets.  The new owners will love it though (and he just happens to be a pastor too!).
On Tuesday and Wednesday, I painted all the baseboards and trim that will be put back in the kitchen once the cabinets go in.  This picture is pre-paint and about half of what I had to do.
Yesterday (Thursday), our cabinets were delivered!  A pretty amazing turn around time of one and a half weeks since I put in the official order/payment.  The Lord keeps providing in these practical ways to keep this project going and funded.  I'm so thankful!  I came home to the cabinet truck pulling up and it was snowing, so of course, it felt like Christmas!  Merry Christmas to me!
This morning our contractor was here to start installing the cabinets.  We had a few complications and questions to work around with the cabinet people, so while I was engrossed in that, Gramma hung out with Penn in the playroom.  She caught this adorable picture.  Somehow he posed perfectly!  Precious!
Later Penn and I ventured into the kitchen to see how the cabinet work was going while the contractor was on lunch break.  We didn't mean to coordinate so well with the paint colors.  Ha!  You can see a glimpse of the cabinets behind us.
That's it for now.  Next week hopefully lots of progress installing the cabinets on Monday and Tuesday and then the granite company comes to take final measurements for the countertops and then those will be installed a week later.  We are getting sooooo close!

No comments:

Post a Comment