Monday, November 4, 2013

It'll Be Alright

I thought I should post an update on how my brave, resilient boys are doing after the crazy Friday night issues. 

Koen made a super fast recovery and although his bum was a little sore the first day, otherwise he was completely back to normal.  Thankfully he hasn't had any bad dreams or sad recallings of the dog attack situation.  He has yet to encounter a dog since the attack, so we'll see how that goes.  I'm just so thankful that his recovery has gone so well.  Here's a picture we took for Doug in a lovey moment on Sunday.  

Penn is remarkable.  We are headed back to Children's Hospital tomorrow for a follow-up and to check on whether or not he should be put in a cast.  He is definitely in less pain than he was on Saturday, but he still does not use his left leg.  He will not stand on it and he doesn't touch his foot to the ground when crawling.  Otherwise he acts quite normal.  He does still need Tylenol to be comfortable it seems, at least most of the time.  Anyways, I'm so thankful that in this interim he has been very happy, very much himself and he's been able to enjoy life almost just as much as normal.  Look at this adorable "cheese face" on Sunday morning.  Thank you, God, for how kids can bounce back and deal with so much!!
Koen got Penn doing this funny lay-on-the-floor game with a sponge (yeah, we have crazy fun times here).  Notice how Penn's left foot is in the air, he keeps it up himself to keep pressure off.  Poor bug!
A friend (thank you, Megan!) took Koen and Tavin to the 11am service at North Way Oakland.  Penn couldn't go to nursery due to his discomfort and special attention needed, so I couldn't take them myself.  This did afford Penn and I some special time alone, but by the time the boys left a little before 11, Penn was out of gas and so we took a walk.  I was thankful to get some fresh air and Penn ended up getting a brief, but much needed snooze.  Check out this adorable, precious babe.

All in all, we are doing quite well.  Koen returned to school today proud of his brave, exciting adventure showing off his hospital bracelet (and hopefully not his backside wounds).  Penn continues to adapt to his new way of moving around without using the injured leg.  Doug and I are slowly recuperating from the crazy and busy weekend.  We'll keep you posted on how things go with Penn.  Please keep us all in your prayers.  I'm still a bit of an emotional wreck (shed quite a few tears the past few days!).  It's in these moments that I am just so thankful that I know God and can rely on Him.  I don't know what it would be like to live without the ability to whisper prayers, feel the Comforter and believe in Someone greater than I during days like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment