Friday, July 19, 2013

The Little Mermaid

I think I mentioned on my birthday blog post that my gift from Doug and the boys was tickets to the Pittsburgh CLO's production of "The Little Mermaid."  Originally Doug thought that we would take both big boys, but as the date got closer I figured Tav wasn't quite old enough for a 2 and 1/2 hour production with loud music and a mer-monster during his usual naptime (not to mention Penn would never survive eating lunch without Doug or I feeding it to him, that kid cannot loosen up with a babysitter!).  So, Koen and I went just the two of us and invited another mommy and one of their kids along (Julia and her 3 year old Keely who adores Disney princesses attended).  The show was magnificent.  I've seen a few Broadway shows over the years, but I have to say I think that perhaps this was my favorite (well, Doug would be sad if I said it topped Les Mis, so maybe not my absolute favorite).  
Here's me and my handsome date...
Thanks to my boys for this special cultural outing.  The show was so beautiful and it was very special to share it with Koen.  He was amazing.  So attentive, quiet, patient, still and just enthralled.  We really enjoyed our afternoon together.  Oh, how I love living in the city and taking advantage of these types of things.  Thanks, Douglas (and Koen, Tavin and Penn).

No comments:

Post a Comment