Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Post-Airport Dropoff Playdate

It was such a blessing today to have a fun playdate setup to take our minds off of sending Aunt Abbie off onto her airplane.  My friend Bethany lives between the airport and the city, so it was a perfect stop for some play after the long morning ride.  Bethany's little guy, Will, is almost 2.  I was a little nervous that Koen and Tavin would turn her place upside down since they are quite a bit older, but they were so great!  They do just love to check out another kid's toys, home, etc.  I have to give major props to Koen especially staying happy and entertained with toddler toys.  You impressed me today, bud!  (And he shared so well with Tav, it was unbelievable.)  After Koen, Tavin and Will played inside for about 45 minutes, we got them outside for some hot, but also wet play.  Here's Koen in the teeny baby pool which just cracks me up!
This is even funnier.  What a good sport!!  (He had so much fun, really, it was just funny watching this big kid on the little kid stuff).
The sprinkler was popular with Koen and Tav, not so much Will. 

Bethany's place is lovely and they have a huge hill above their backyard, so the boys would start their run to the sprinkler close to the top and take off from there.  I just think the backdrop is so pretty!
So, you might be wondering where Penn is during all this?  Well, my little amazing, flexible, go-with-it, 3rd baby was happily napping hard in Will's crib upstairs.  We got there at naptime, so Penn just napped.  I got him up at lunchtime and he was in great spirits.  After a big lunch (he takes forever between the spoon-feeding and finger-foods), he got to finally play in this baby/toddler dream play area.  I felt bad that after about 30 minutes I had to pack him in the car.  I think he would've happily played until 3pm.  Here he is exploring.
Bethany, thanks so much for your hospitality (and my yummy lunch and fruit for the boys).  It was the perfect way to not focus on the departure of Aunt Abbie and a great way to spend this super hot day.  We will definitely have to do it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment