Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Rainy Summer Day

Although I started the day a little bummed we were going to be stuck indoors, after my time with the Lord and some creative Mommy thinking, I was ready to enjoy this simple time with my boys.  Abbie had plans to meet a friend this morning as we figured we could hang out at the playground for our regular playdate with friends on Wednesday, but she felt bad when she had to leave me at home in a rainstorm with all the little guys.  But it ended up being a really nice time for me with the boys and perhaps good for them to have a break from the excitement of having awesome Aunt Abbie around (she does nothing to key them up, they just love her so much, it happens naturally!).  I'm sure Ab enjoyed the break from being in the house with the crazy Melder boyness (and my constant chatter) as well. =)  

Anyways, the boys and I did a kids workout DVD I got for Koen for days just like this.  They've got energy and we have no where to get it out except the living room, so why not, "Kick to Get Fit"?  They enjoyed it and I was happy to see them moving productively rather than bouncing on the couches or something non-sensical like that. =)

Next they played with Play-Doh.  Neither of them had done it in awhile, so they loved it and it lasted quite awhile.
Eventually Koen and I made some chocolate chip cookies (because we all love to bake on a rainy day) and Tav continued his Play-Doh project.  Here's the yummy outcome of our efforts.
Then it was time for Tav to get a haircut.  Look at my handsome blue-eyed boy! (Too bad he was concentrating too hard on Clifford to give a smile).
Ab got home when we were finishing up lunchtime which came after the haircut.  Penn is getting more comfortable with her being around and even stayed pretty happy when she picked him up for some snuggles.

I got the boys out for a scooter walk during a break in the rain and then we came home for  naptime.  Now that naptime is coming to a close, it's raining again, so hopefully this evening stuck in the house goes as well as this morning did!

No comments:

Post a Comment