Friday, June 21, 2013

Hidden Valley Holiday, Part 2

Well, I spoke too soon...  In one of my last sentences of yesterday's blog post I mentioned how I was hoping we would improve in the health department.  Well, we haven't.  Right after I published that post I went to go wake Tav up from his nap and it was clear that he had quite a fever.  Well, here we go.  Round 3 of Roseola (I'm convinced now as Koen has broken out in the rash now too).  Tav is such a trooper.  He gulps down Tylenol like it's the best treat in the world.  He blows his nose like he's Mt. Vesuvius.  And he hunkers down and snuggles up to get through the feeling ill.  Here he is all set up with Daddy's iPad watching some Thomas.  Nothing makes a 3 year old boy in our household feel better than a Thomas the Tank Engine feature.
After the Tylenol set in, we did make a quick visit to the playground before the boys had dinner.  Koen and Tav enjoyed the playhouse until we discovered a bee's nest in it. 
I fed Penn his dinner while he watched his brothers play and then he got a few minutes to enjoy one of his favorite pastimes, the swing (again...it's a good thing babies don't mind repetition!).
Speaking of repetition.  Here Penn is on the swings this morning with Koen (Tav was back home fighting the fever still and watching still more Thomas DVD's).
Penn had some silly time with Koen and Doug this morning to try and spice things up...Tupperware (and on his head no less!).

After Penn's morning nap (during which Doug and Koen had a nice long bike ride), we all headed to the pool for a swim and a picnic lunch.  Unfortunately, Tavin only lasted about 5 minutes in the pool and about 10 minutes out of the pool at the lunch table.  I expected this, but I was still bummed.  Koen, Penn and I spent more time there after Doug took poor Tav back for extra R&R.  In this photo, Penn looks like he can sense Koen approaching from behind.  Brotherly instincts I guess.
Before we left I was changing Penn into dry clothes and was overcome by his cuteness in his swimmie diaper and had to snap a few shots.  


Well, this is definitely a weird vacation.  I'm happy we didn't really spend much on it because that would make it really frustrating.  It has afforded us more time outside (especially for Koen) and some more down time with none of our usual commitments out of the home in the evenings, so those are some positives (see how I'm an optimist?).  Hopefully tomorrow's report will be filled with health and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment