Sunday, February 28, 2016

NH Jaunt with Janse & Penn

We are up in NH for a few days with the two littlest of the Melder boys.  I hate being separated as a family, but it's a blessing to get away with the little guys to see my mom and dad.  I wish I could share all 4 with them this trip, but since that wasn't feasible, I'll take what I can get and enjoy a few days with P & J up in NH.

We flew on Wednesday.  These boys are pros on a plane.  Here they are hanging in the Kidsport like they own the place.
Then on the plane they were total troopers and looked adorable relaxing and enjoying the ride.
Penn fell asleep on the car ride from Boston to my parents' place.  He was wiped from the adventure!  I held Jansen off and then he had a big afternoon nap after we arrived home.
I delivered Tavin's homemade Valentine to Gramma.  We took this picture for him.  He was very pleased, grinned ear to ear.
After nap Jansen set about getting used to Gramma and Grampa's.  The last time he was here, he wasn't even crawling yet.  So there's a lot for him to explore!
On Thursday it was super mild and I got in a huge, woodsy walk while Jansen took his morning nap and Penn hung out with Gramma and Grampa.  Then we woke Janse up for a trip to the library.  Penn likes to go and check out a ton of books for his time at Gramma and Grampa's.  It was Jansen's first visit to the library.  He enjoyed himself!
Penn couldn't wait to get back home to start reading.  I think Penn revels in the fact he has so much attention with only 2 of the 4 here!!
After we got back to the house, we had lunch, but then we got right back outside.  It was almost 60 degrees!  Penn was having a blast playing in the woods in the slush and melted snow puddled up everywhere.  
Jansen joined us for part of the time.  Had to take a selfie with my sweetie!
I had another walk with my mom in the afternoon on Thursday.  Such a treat to be with one of my best friends walking along the woodsy road.  I cherish moments like that!  Friday was cold and windy, so we spent less time outside (although I did take a brisk walk, the air is so good up here and my mom affords me the time for it, how can I pass that up?).  I neglected to take pictures of much of anything we did (which was mostly hanging out inside) except for this pic of Jansen peeking in on Grampa practicing piano.  He's quite intrigued by his Grampa!
We did have a little outing to the mall to get Penn some new jeans (I cannot keep these kids in jeans without holes, Gramma treated to a few new pairs!).  On Saturday, the little guys enjoyed a lot of quality time with Gramma and Grampa.  It was less windy, but still pretty cold.  Grampa and Penn did some outdoor work and split a lot of wood in the basement.  Penn loves being Grampa's right hand man.  It is so special for me to see!!  And I know it brings back memories for my dad of Tav, Koen and especially my brother.  In the afternoon, Grampa took Penn to the firehouse to get a fire permit.  They got to check out the engines and Penn got a fireman hat!!  Penn was thrilled (although you can't really tell from the picture).
They had gone to get a permit because my dad had the fun idea of having a "little" fire in the evening.  When gathering up the sticks though he got a little carried away and it turned into quite an impressive fire!  Penn really enjoyed it (especially chucking sticks into the fire).
While Penn was outside, Janse was inside, helping Gramma with the dishes.  
He was in a fantastic mood babbling and crawling and cruising around.  Mom and I were just soaking it up.  I had to force myself to take him up to bath.  We were having too much fun enjoying him and chatting while he entertained himself (and us).  Well, that's it for the pictures this trip.  We head home today (Sunday) after church.  I'm sure I'll take a few cute pics on the plane, but I think we've seen a lot of those over the years on the blog with these traveling troopers!!  Thanks to Gramma and Grampa for a sweet visit.  I love sharing my boys with you (and I love being home!).

No comments:

Post a Comment