Wednesday, July 16, 2014

America's Favorite Passtime and Ours Too

I'm so behind on putting this on the blog!  I just have a few videos that I took last week in the backyard to capture a glimpse of what almost every evening has looked like lately.  The boys absolutely love baseball this summer and Doug is thrilled since he is a huge fan of playing and watching it too.  Doug has developed a way for the three of them (he and K & T) to play a full-on game in our tiny backyard...ghost runners, bases, home runs, everything.  The boys LOVE it and ask all day about when Daddy will be home so that they can play (and poor Doug is barely in the door before they are rushing him out the back door to start the next game).  I had been wanting to capture some aspect of this creative backyard baseball game on video for a few nights, but what finally got me out the back door and away from busy dinner prep was hilarious Penn Rye on this particular evening.  He was trying with all his might and with his adorable little screechy voice to be a part of this game.  Screaming, "ball, ball" or "oooohhh, ahhhh" and running all over the place.  Of course he tamed down when I appeared with the camera, but I thought I'd still share this glimpse of Melder boy life with you so you can take it all in.  Tav is sort of silent in these videos, but notice his hilarious baseball moves (he loves any excuse to slide).  Enjoy (and thanks for your patience, these are a little long)!



No comments:

Post a Comment