Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Skipping Spring

Today was a whopping 90 degrees.  It's only been a little over a month since it snowed here in Pittsburgh, so it was quite a surprise to see the temps shoot up like that.  I think it's supposed to cool off in a few days and we will indeed continue to get a few Spring-like days before the temps hit the 80's and 90's to stay.  Today was a fun taste of Summer (although I am hoping we haven't entirely skipped Spring).  Doug was out at a meeting this evening, so it was just me and the boys.  It was beautifully sunny out, but I knew that if I got them running around outside we were going to have to include water.  So it was officially our first day using the sprinkler and Penn's first time getting to take part in the "fun."  He wasn't a big fan.  He tried running right through it watching his brothers squeal with delight.  He didn't not agree with their sentiment.


Penn spent the rest of the time playing in the mud and watching from a distance.  By the way...when did my baby turn into a little boy?  Doesn't he just look so grown up in his little boy shorts?


The big boys had a blast.  So much so that our yard was pretty much a mud pit by the time we finished (and had to go in for a pre-dinner bathtime!).  Here are some action shots and a video.



Well, it looks like it's going to be a fun summer with these happy boys, don't you think?  I can't wait!  (And next time I need to wear my suit.  I was so hot!)

Oh yeah, the boys got to eat dinner in their PJ's.  I was overwhelmed by the fun and cuteness and Koen said, "well, you should take a picture, Mommy!"  So, I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment