Friday, May 9, 2014

Back on the Merry-Go-Round

Well, Penn and I have been home 5 days and they've flown by in the whirlwind of our regular routine.  Life as a mom can really seem a bit like a merry-go-round.  Each day follows a similar pattern (especially when you are a type A person like myself) filled with similar tasks.  And perhaps you are thinking there's a negative tone to this post, but I've been mulling on this post title and content all day since the boys played on the merry-go-round at Frick Park this morning, and believe me my intent is not a negative one.  

Think of when you were a kid and you loved riding around and around...the tickle in your stomach, the glee that naturally bubbles into a happy squeal despite the fact you are simply going around in a circle over and over again.  Well, that's how it is for me as a mom.  Getting back this week I quickly jumped into the lunch packing, meal prep, cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning (I know I inflict a lot of that on myself), laundry, picking up and sure those things can be mundane, but then there are the other "tasks" associated with my day that never get old and make the round and round sheer joy for me...the good morning hugs from my boys, carrying my littlest down the stairs as he calls out to his brothers, the enthusiastic banter between the boys, the way they love on their dad, playing with them, picking them up when they fall, wiping their noses, their bottoms, their tears, hugging them, kissing them, feeding them, teaching them, training them, watching them play together, explore the outdoors, run with abandon and then come back just to give me a kiss and so many on and ons that I never want the merry-go-round to stop.  It's a lot of hard work keeping up with all that makes the merry go round, but it truly is a merry, merry ride.  

Here are the pictures from our fun on the literal merry-go-round this morning.



Good bye for now!!


No comments:

Post a Comment