Sunday, May 18, 2014

Monkey Man

Today we did our usual post-church playground stop.  The boys had a blast.  It was cool, but sunny and we were all just happy to be in the fresh, Spring air.  The tough winter still has me appreciating every day that we can get outside and I'm so grateful!  Koen and Tavin did a wonderful job of playing together today.  It's always so encouraging to see them work as a team, imagine and create together.  
Koen is in a phase of climbing on, over, through everything.  He likes to make playground equipment a challenge course of sorts.  I'm happy to see him pushing himself and developing his motor skills (his agility and growing courage are especially exciting!).  Here's a few stunts my monkey man pulled (and a few of these adventure poses are some of my new favorite pictures of my Koen).




Penn was a busy boy too of course.  He did some new stuff today as well.  He conquered this super slippery metal slide and he thought it was hilarious (his new thing is to giggle or guffaw over pretty much everything (literally...he laughed out loud in the car this morning when I had to quickly put on the brakes at a red light, then he started laughing anytime we went over a big bump...oh, Penn Rye you crack me up!  It really is the little things in life!).
Right before we left for home the boys started trying out their gymnastic skills.  I tried snapping pictures, but it didn't do it justice.  I had to do a video. 
As you can see, it was a fun morning with my boys.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment