Friday, February 28, 2014

What a Morning with Penn Looks Like

Thursday it was freezing and my plans for the morning got cancelled, so Doug was able to take the car and take both boys to school on his way to work.  That left Penn and I to just hang out the two of us.  Penn has been suffering with a super snotty cold this week, so he needed the extra home time anyways.  Tav goes to preschool twice a week, but often Penn and I have appointments, meetups or errands.  We rarely just have a simple morning at home.  We both just loved it.  We got a little cleaning done.
I actually got lots done just as we hung around the house, but we took lots of breaks for play, snuggles and fun.  Penn found his tiny wagon and requested a few rides around the dining room table.
He spotted the camera...cheese face of course!!

When we were up on the 2nd floor I was making my bed and Penn and begged to get up on the covers.  How could I resist some snuggles with my littlest bug?  We decided to take some selfies to send to Doug.  Penn thought it was so fun to see himself in the camera.  Here are just a few of my favorites (you know I took like 20).




This is Penn's newest expression face.  It's hilarious.  I look scary, but my making the face in the camera made him do it.  
 Then we were both laughing so hard watching him respond to me.  So funny!
Another matched funny face.  Oh this kid is so much fun!  Sorry about my scary face!
After our snuggles, I finally finished making my bed without the help of Penn.  He chose to watch from a super comfy spot on the pile of throw pillows.  Too cute.
And that's not it.  After we finished puttering around on the 2nd floor, we headed up to the 3rd floor.  At first Penn wanted to play tool man.  
But then we decided to have some chill time and read some books.  And by some I mean A LOT.  This is just a sampling of what Penn brought to me and then we read.  He LOVES books right now!
So, super special morning for We loved it.  Doug was able to swing through and pick Tavin up from preschool and Tav was super excited to see him.  Doug snapped this picture of the happy line leader on his way back into his class.
It was quite a snowy squall when they left the building.  They loved it.  Tav said it was tickling his nose.
They stopped for some groceries and a quick Daddy/son lunch date at Whole Foods.  I think Tav just keeps getting cuter. =)
Well, that's it for the pictorial overview of my splendid morning with Penn Rye and a peek at Tav's special date with Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment