Sunday, February 23, 2014

An Olympic Snacky Dinner in Honor of the Closing Ceremonies

Yesterday I had a self-proclaimed fantastic brainstorm for a fun way to celebrate the closing ceremonies of the Winter Olympics (before boys' bedtime and the primetime airing of the real ceremony).  I was excited all day to get the boys' Olympic Snacky Dinner setup.  Here's their Olympic flag placemats.
Here are the supplies, color-coordinated in flag order.  Isn't this food pretty?  God is so good.
Blue is blueberries.  Black is chocolate chips and raisins.  Red is red pepper and strawberries.  Yellow is corn, yellow peppers and cheese.  Green is broccoli and green beans.  The boys were excited to dive in and decorate their flags with their dinner choices.
Koen was really into this activity.  I was so excited!
Check out his cool flag.
Tav had fun (and snacked along the way, whereas Koen waited until his flag was done to eat), but eventually asked me to help him fill his flag.
I hope I remember to do this next time the Olympics roll around.  Best idea I've had in awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment