Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunny Saturday

It's been a real blessing to me this week that the winter weather has been mild since our return from Texas.  I needed the time to adjust back to wintertime.  We've been outside for a walk or playtime nearly everyday in the 40 degree weather.  On Saturday it was really windy, but very sunny and in the AM was mid-40's.  I took the little guys on a walk to run errands to the post office, Aldi and then a long stop at the playground with a picnic lunch.  All I can say is that it was delightful.  Sun, fresh air, my little guys and lots of neighbor friends we hadn't seen in months.  Here are a few pictures of the boys just having a blast playing outdoors in the Burgh again.


Perhaps you wonder where Koen and Doug were on this lovely day?  Well, our church is launching a new campus in Dormont and Saturday was a work day to get the facility (actually an old church building) ready for the May launch.  Here's my Koen hard at work.  He was quite a helper and really enjoyed himself especially since he got some special one-on-one daddy time.

Doug had to work in the late afternoon and through the evening, so after the little guys naptime I got all 3 boys back to the playground.  Again we ran into lots of neighbor friends who, like us, have practically been hibernating.  Koen really enjoyed bumping into an old preschool friend and Penn and Tav did their own thing.  It was a much-needed reminder to me about what life is like when you can get the kids outside regularly.  It's not as loud or frustrating as being stuck inside four walls.  I can't wait for when Spring really breaks.  I am so ready!  But we'll take a day like this anytime to get us through!

No comments:

Post a Comment