Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Tree 2013

This weekend we got our tree!!  Oh, I LOVE Christmas!  Getting the tree and decorating it is one of my favorite parts of Christmas prep.  I've so enjoyed the last few years as the boys really get into it.  On Friday night we went out in the sleet/snow/rain to pick our tree.  We go to the same place every year and they are starting to recognize our crew.  We picked out a Douglas fir.  We tried to choose one that wasn't too plump, but as you will soon see, we were a bit off in our estimations and this tree is a hearty one!  Oh well, it fits and it is a joyful tree.  =)  Koen had the job of photographer as the tree got set up.  I think Doug was about to lose it with all of his snapping away as Doug awkwardly had to get the tree in place basically on his own.

Koen got a shot of me too as I held the tree for Doug who wrenched his back as he wrenched in the screws to hold in the trunk.  Poor Doug!
Next Koen took a picture of Penn who had plastered himself with pasta while Doug and I were getting the tree "perfectly" straight.  Messy boy's hair was a spikey style after I cleaned him up.
After I cleaned up Penn, I had to clean up the whole first floor that was covered in wet, needles and dirt.  So that was it for the tree business that night.  On Saturday afternoon Koen, Tavin and I did all the decorating.  

 Here's a picture of the lovely finished product.  Come on Christmas!!


No comments:

Post a Comment