Friday, June 12, 2015

Pictures to Prove It

Today I tried something new as a mom of 4.  I took all 4 boys to the pool by myself.  I've done many things with all 4 boys in these first 4 months and every time I do something new with them on my own it makes me feel a little prouder, a little more confident and a little more thankful for these amazing blessings I call my kids.  

It was 91 in the Burgh today and although we had lots of time at the pool in Texas, we were only just getting started for the summer and a hot, steamy day with no big plans was a perfect excuse to try out this adventure.

First, Penn had speech therapy which I had to take the other 3 boys to as well.  That went OK.  Not the best, but OK.  Thankfully it's just 30 minutes.  So, Koen, Tav and Janse and I all cooped up in a small observation room with not much to do to pass the time went relatively quickly.  Ugh.  

But then we piled back in the car and went to the pool.  Jansen went right to nap in his car seat (phew, my plan was working!).  That allowed me to get in the water with the 3 older boys.  Koen and Tavin went right for the slide.  I couldn't believe that Tavin was so fearless (although I shouldn't have been surprised).  They did the slide endlessly for the entire time we were there.  Penn and I played in the pool, mostly jumping in and passing a ball around.  He's a happy little fish.  

After awhile we had lunch and then Koen and Tavin headed back into the pool.  At 1pm, I fed Jansen over in the kiddie sprinkler area.  Penn just played with some toys I brought and enjoyed the cool water.  Koen and Tavin were just a few feet away on the slide.  I was just smiling to myself that we were all able to be outside enjoying the day at the pool.  And I was so thankful it all came together and worked (as I hope to repeat this at least weekly for the next two and a half months).  And I have pictures to prove it.

Koen timed this perfectly.  Great picture!
Tavin is still building up his slide-dismount experience, so he was all business on his turn.
Penn in the sprinkler area.  He's such a great independent player.  So thankful!
Master Jansen, just chilling out poolside after he filled his belly.  Those toes are pretty cute.

Good job, boys.  Can't wait to repeat this fun morning regularly this summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment