Sunday, January 31, 2016

Texas with the Janse Man

This week we've been in Texas!!  Not a bad place to visit in the dead of winter, I gotta say.  Jansen has been quite the sweet travel companion as usual.  Oh how I love traveling with my babies!!

Here he is on the plane, ready to go!
He was a party animal on the first flight and totally skipped his morning nap.  Here he is finishing up his lunch on the second flight.
And then the slap-happy baby fell asleep promptly after his meal!! 
I loved the sleepy snuggles!!
We arrived in Austin and spent some time at Aunt Abbie's.  Jansen got reacquainted with Pickle, their dog (through the back door glass though).
Then we were off to a friend's in San Antonio for a few days.  I didn't get a lot of pics, but I did get these cute pre-bath photos.  Oh, those blue eyes!!

 For the weekend, we got to go back to be with Abbie and Zac.  They are such great hosts and Abbie had all sorts of fun plans for us.  Our big outing on Saturday was Hamilton Pool.  This has been on my Pinterest page of places I'd like to visit for over a year now.  I can check that one off my list.  And it was just as amazing as I had hoped.  Gorgeous!!  Here are the pics from our venture down to the pool...  In these first two, the green is actually the water!

Janse was super snuggly and tired and just liked being carried in the Ergo.  I love having him so close and he was a sweet hiking companion!
Isn't it beautiful!!!???!!!



My hiking pals...such a sweet time with Ab and Janse.

 More angles of the pool...

We had a picnic lunch in the shade of the cavern walls at the edge of the pool, with the soothing sound of the waterfall right behind us.  Glorious!

There's another trail that takes you from Hamilton Pool to the river, so we decided to hike it after lunch.  It was a little tough hiking with Janse on my front, so I decided to try him on my back for the first time in the Ergo.  We both loved it.  
Janse was super tired from the day before (we traveled during afternoon nap and he never took one, plus I woke him from morning nap for this adventure).  I could feel him getting heavier and leaning against me as we hiked.  It was just a matter of time before he was happily snoozing on my back.  So sweet!  Here's the outcome of our hike to the river.  So beautiful!!  And it was really warm, I wanted to go for a swim!

In this pic, you can see how Janse has just fallen asleep with his head resting on my back.  
He woke up briefly before we trekked back, but then was out cold the whole hike back to the car.  
What an amazing, special outdoor adventure with my sister and my baby!!  Such a lovely day!  Thanks for planning it, Ab!  We had another fun, well-planned morning on Sunday, but unfortunately it was pictureless!  Abbie and I left Jansen napping at home with Uncle Zac and we walked from Zilker Park into the city for some brunch.  We got to sit outside in the shade and then we took a longer, more roundabout walk back to the car.  Another gorgeous day and such a treat to be with my sister!  Jansen and I will be heading to the airport shortly, so I'll close out this post.  I had a fun travel to Texas with my little tag-a-long, Janse, and with gorgeous weather, friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment