Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra Tiny Tots Concert


One of my favorite free cultural kid-friendly events in the Burgh - the PSO's Tiny Tots Concert Series. Today was 1-2-3 Let's Go (focus on rhythm/counting). A fabulous outing!




Unfortunately the city bus arrived 10 mins. late, so we didn't make it early, but we got there just after the first song started. Some great friends came along too and we were surprised to see Aunt Abbie just a few rows in front of us with her kindergartners.




Koen is so into music, we definitely need to get him started on an instrument soon. He enjoys it and I really think he has a natural aptitude for it.




Tavin was a trooper, slept both bus rides to and from and then was awake most of the concert and totally enamored with the stage and boisterous music.




Enjoy the pics!

3 comments:

  1. Great posts Amy! I would love to hear more about this free music thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Koen and Tavin are sooo cute! Perhaps I will have a work trip to the 'Burgh again sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krissy, go to the PSO website and in the Education/Community Engagement Department there should be a sign-up form for free tickets to the next Tiny Tots concert, April 24th I believe. If you don't want to request tickets for a group, just come with us. I had plenty of extras this time and I'm sure I will next time too. It's such a great event. Amazing that the PSO does this for free for the kids!

    ReplyDelete