Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bedtime

So, bedtime is a work in progress. Tavin has not had much of an appetite today and hopefully that won't burn me through the night. We'll see! He was cranky going down and needed some comforting. Thankfully he got the picture after a few minutes. So then I headed downstairs to find Koen just calling up to me, "another DVD, Mommy, another Bob the Builder?". TV is a great help in this transition to 2 (even though I hate using it), but we totally have to work on the fit he tends to throw when it goes off after the 30 minutes. Thankfully tonight he got over it quickly as I reminded him that it was a "special treat" and we won't watch it anymore if he only gets upset when it is time to turn it off. Koen of course went down great. One of my favorite things in the world is reading to him before bed all cuddled in the big chair together in his room. Priceless! I look forward to when Tavin lays down for bed happy. It's hard hearing your baby cry and then fall asleep without getting to cuddle it one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment