Wednesday, April 20, 2016

All Boys Weekend/All Girls Weekend

For the first time ever, Doug had all 4 boys overnight!  Months ago, I planned a "productivity weekend" with two dear girlfriends...a chance to get away and catch up on to-do lists we've put on hold because of the busyness of everyday life.  That meant that I planned to wean Jansen in time for the weekend and leave all 4 boys with Doug!!  Doug was totally up for the challenge and was an epic champion.  The girls and I had a blast (and got tons of stuff done, not to mention all the chatting!).  And Doug and the boys had a great weekend.  Here are a few pictures...

The first interesting text I received from Doug was that Jansen had shoved a Lego piece up his nose. Thankfully Doug was able to gently retrieve it with tweezers.  Oh my goodness!
Then I heard from them on their adventure...a bike ride to Point State Park from the 31st Street Bridge (Doug walked with double stroller with little guys, big boys biked).  Apparently, there was another little snaffoo and Koen and Tav got a little lost on their bikes, but thankfully they all ended up happily picnicking in the end!
Doug texted me this picture of Janse-man.  Oh my goodness.  I wanted to drive home and have some sweet snuggles!!!  Cannot take the cuteness!
We ladies had a lovely day up at the cottage we were staying at.  We enjoyed walks and kayaking as breaks from our productivity sessions indoors.  (Yeah, we are a special breed!)  Here's a picture of Deborah and I coming in for a docking in the kayak (then Megan and I went out).
Doug sent me this adorable picture of Jansen sleeping that night.  Torture for this momma!  
I was so proud of Doug.  He got all 4 boys to church on his own!  Don't they look dapper??!!
Megan, Deborah and I at the lake on Sunday morning.  
After church, Doug took the kids up to Deborah's place for an afternoon of fun with Grant, Deborah's husband, and their kids.  Penn and his best bud, Hazel, LOVED hanging out in the creek (it was about 80 degrees!).  Such a cute pair!
Well, it's a short wrap-up and doesn't nearly give Doug the credit due for handling four boys for forty-eight hours and doing it wonderfully.  Thanks, babe.  I so needed this weekend.  And I could just see how much you and the boys enjoyed your special guys weekend (imagine all the guy weekends that lie ahead!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment